1) Virocom Ltd (“Virocom”) does not collect personally identifiable information about you except:
2) Your Information may include your name, address, date of birth, gender, mobile and contact telephone numbers, fax number, email address, bank and credit/debt card information, occupation and employment data, lifestyle, details of how you use Virocom’s services, the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer, and details of how you interact with Virocom’s emails. We do not collect other personal information, or any sensitive personal information such as information on your racial or ethnic origins, religious beliefs, trade union affiliations, sexual life, health or criminal activity. We will hold such consumer information in accordance with the following principles:
3) Virocom may hold and process Your Information for any purpose relating to or connected with:
4) Virocom may use embedded “.gif” images in HTML emails which allow Virocom to track if an email was opened and read, when, and by whom. Virocom may also use HTML links within emails Virocom sends you which may allow Virocom to track which links are being clicked on, when and by whom. Aggregated data from these images and links is used to tailor Virocom’s emails. Virocom may also contact you as a result of you opening an email or clicking on a link, to provide you with information about other Virocom products or services which Virocom believes may be of interest to you. Virocom may also record the IP address of computers used to access Virocom’s website to verify the identity of users of the website, to prevent fraud and to ensure that the website is being used for legitimate purposes.
5) If you are a consumer and have ticked the relevant box on your contract or otherwise given your consent, Virocom may also contact you by phone, post, fax, email, or SMS from time to time with information about other Virocom products or services which Virocom believes may be of interest to you. Please contact Virocom Client Services if you do not wish your personal information to be used for these purposes.
6) If you are a consumer and have ticked the relevant box on your contract or otherwise given your consent, Virocom may also contact you by phone, post, fax, email, or SMS from time to time about the products and services of carefully selected third parties which Virocom believes may also be of interest to you and, without passing control of Your Information, enable you to receive marketing and/or promotional information from them.
8) Virocom may disclose to credit reference agencies details of your agreement with Virocom, any payments made under any such agreements, account balances and information about any default, dispute, queries and debts. Virocom may also disclose details of any change of address reported to Virocom or of which Virocom becomes aware. The information supplied by Virocom and held by credit reference agencies is used by Virocom and other organisations to help make decisions about other credit applications by you or other members of your household with whom you are linked financially; and to trace debtors, recover debts and to prevent and detect fraud. Virocom may also check and share your details with fraud prevention agencies who will record details of any false or inaccurate information provided by you where we suspect fraud. Records held by fraud prevention agencies will also be used by other organisations to help them make decisions on motor, household, credit, life and other insurance proposals and insurance claims, for you and members of your household, and to help prevent money laundering where applicable. By writing to the Data Protection, Virocom Ltd, 9 Hestia House, City Walk, London, SE1 3ES, you can ask us at any time for details of the credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to whom we disclose and obtain information about you.
9) Where necessary or otherwise allowed, Virocom may also pass Your Information to certain
third parties (some of which may be based outside of the European Union). Such third parties may include:
schemes in which Virocom participates who may compare Your Information with information collected from other sources and who may keep a record of the searches Virocom makes against your name; and
10) If you wish to use Virocom’s products or services abroad, for example, if you wish to roam on a foreign mobile telephone network, it may be necessary to transfer Your Information outside of the European Union to that country. Virocom’s web and similar sites companies may also be based on servers located in countries outside of the European Union, whose laws may not protect you as well as that in countries within the European Union.
11) If you wish to:
12) If you provide Virocom with information about or relating to another individual it is your responsibility to ensure that that individual is aware and has agreed to your conveying such information to Virocom.
13) In the event that Virocom’s business is sold or integrated with another business, Your Information will be disclosed to our advisors and any prospective purchaser’s advisors and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
14) You are entitled to obtain a copy of the personal information Virocom holds about you. Please write to the Data Protection, Virocom Ltd, 9 Hestia House, City Walk, London, SE1 3ES. Please provide proof of your identity, and confirm your account number(s) with Virocom and briefly describe the information you require. We may also charge £10 to cover Virocom’s administrative costs.